Sunday 15 September 2013

Afternoon Tea at Rockliffe Hall

Well after a thoroughly rough night on Thursday with the little man; I was able to enjoy a few hrs off and indulge in a spot of afternoon tea with one of my besties. We decided to give the 5 star Rockliffe Hall a whirl and I must say we were not disappointed. The place is absolutely stunning and the service second to none.

On arrival we were directed to the orangery which was light and bright and looked out onto the patio and landscaping beyond.  We were offered a choice of afternoon tea options and we were even able to swap and change the menu to suit tastes and allergies.  The coffee & tea was also 'bottomless' and included in the price.

We decided to have the standard afternoon tea and when it arrived it just looked positively scrummy. Everything I tasted and tried was divine but my particular favourite was the panacotta in a very dainty little jar with a tangy jelly on top.

So 3 pots of coffee, 1 pot of tea, 2 jugs of milk, 8 finger sandwiches, 2 gourmet sausage rolls, 2 scones with jam and clotted cream, numerous sweet treats and 2.5hrs later; we finally finished our feast.  If I had to sum it up in one sentence I'd say it was "a 5 star experience".  My thighs might disagree but they are used to regular cake abuse so I'm sure they will get over it soon......

If you fancy popping down to try the delicious menu, have a round of golf or relax in the spa; you can find all the details on the website.

PB & J xx

Disclaimer: No payment or incentive was received to write this review and all words are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment